Tuesday, July 8, 2008

no more migraine


migraines are the worst. i remember the first time i ever got one - i was at work early one morning and suddenly i got a weird scary blind spot and my vision got all crazy. of course i googled "temporary blindness" and convinced myself that i was having a stroke. then i took some aspirin and spent the next couple of hours under my desk avoiding light... and eventually it went away.

i haven't gotten a migraine in a while, but unfortunately one snuck up on me tonight before dinner. i think i caught it pretty early though, because my eyes are back to normal and i only have just a slight headache (and obviously i'm okay enough to be typing at my computer). so, it could have been way worse and i'm just thankful that it's not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...I hate migraines too! I am SOO happy you're not still in AWFUL pain! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your migraines? I have helped a lot of patients become migraine-free without the side effects of medication. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.