Thursday, January 24, 2008

i heart office supplies


when i was a little girl i used to go to eckerd all the time with my mom. i would wander up and down the office supplies aisle, fascinated by all the possibilities it held: paper, pens, markers, pencils, stickers, crayons, glue, all brand new and untouched -- art happiness just waiting to be created. even now when i go to any drugstore or grocery store i am always drawn to the office supplies. i still love the idea of blank paper and empty notebooks, and i still lose myself in thoughts of the words and doodles i might fill them with. seems silly to find inspiration in an aisle of hi-liters and paper clips, but i suppose that's just one of my many silly-nesses...

"every child is an artist. the problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - picasso

3 comments:

rachel elizabeth said...

oh my gosh! i'm still the same way! eckerd was the holy grail of office supplies when i was a kid. and do you remember lisa frank? oh man.

xo

Lisa said...

I am exactly the same way. When I'm depressed, I run to the nearest office supplies store and buy everything. I especially love fresh notebooks.

Anonymous said...

I'm just the same as you :D